Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Workshop with Tony Van Hasselt

During the last week of August I attended a plein air workshop given by Tony Van Hasselt.  It was held on the Maine coast, in Rockland.  I signed up for this because I had heard that Tony is an excellent teacher, and because I wanted to learn how to successfully approach plein air painting - my previous attempts yielded lackluster results.  It also dovetailed into a longer New England vacation that we had planned.

The workshop was great.  Tony is a plein air expert, has great advice about how to paint realistic landscapes, and has a wonderful approach to critiques.  I did several plein air paintings; the best of the lot is posted here, along with my painting setup.  I also took hundreds of photos of the Maine coast, so my cup runneth over with references for future paintings.

No comments: